
Apparently Cavalier's center Shaquille O'Neal was simply misunderstood last summer. When Shaq proclaimed that his goal was to "get a ring for the King" we all assumed it was an NBA Championship ring. Now I'm second guessing myself on what exactly Shaq meant.
Shaq wants to enter the octagon and fight in a cage match. He trains for mixed martial arts (MMA) every summer. Ohhhhh could that be why he disappeared in the playoffs? Some extra training time? Maybe Mo Williams wants to be an MMA fighter, too. Okay that's enough. I'm sorry Cavs fans; I know the wounds haven't yet healed.
O'Neal challenged the biggest star in UFC, Chuck Liddell,to a bout, but UFC President Dana White is completely confident that the UFC poster boy would easily handle O'Neal. So how excited should Shaq fans and MMA fans be about a possible crossover match or two to the sport? It doesn't seem likely within the next few months, but Shaq could participate sometime in 2011.
The Courtside Report Homepage
No comments:
Post a Comment