A decisive Game Five victory by the Orlando Magic is sending the series back to Boston. I believe I owe the Magic an apology so here it goes. I'm sorry to the Orlando Magic and the team's fans. I doubted your heart, tenacity, and will to win this series after falling behind 0-3 in such poor fashion. However, in the last two games, this team looks like a whole different ball club. Dwight Howard has re-established himself as a legitimate inside threat scoring 21 points, pulling down 10 rebounds, and rejecting 5 shots. Jameer Nelson also came up big leading the Magic with 24 points while managing to distribute 5 assists. The Orlando Magic also shot 13-25 from behind the arc and finally broke out of their series long shooting slump. Game Six will be played on Friday in Boston.
Although the Celtics will be playing in front of their home fans, they could possibly be playing without starting center Kendrick Perkins (possible suspension), reserve power forward Glen Davis (concussion), and reserve shooting guard Marquis Daniels (concussion). Although Daniels has fallen out of favor with Boston head coach Doc Rivers, Perkins and Davis leave two big holes to fill if they miss the next game. Perkins has done an excellent job defending Dwight Howard thus far in the series, and Davis normally helps him out down low. If both must sit out for Game Six, Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Garnett, and Shelden Williams will probably be summoned to shut down Superman. I'm not sure how effective they will be as Howard has a significant height advantage on all three players. The Magic have creeped one step closer to being the only team in NBA history to come back from a three game deficit and win a series. The pressure is at an all time high for Boston. Either protect your home court or return to Orlando for a potentially historical Game Seven.
The Courtside Report Homepage
No comments:
Post a Comment