The Orlando Magic have won Game Four of the Eastern Conference Finals in overtime 96-92. Jameer Nelson hit back to back three point jumpers in overtime which was a huge momentum swing for the Magic, and Dwight Howard had a superman-sized game with 32 points, 16 rebounds, and 4 blocks. Paul Pierce had 32 points and 11 rebounds for the Celtics, but his effort was not enough to close out Orlando in four games. The Magic won when they needed to and in Boston no less! Many people had questioned the Magic's desire, Howard's leadership, and the overall approach to this series after they fell behind 3-0 and opening the series with two losses on their home court. I will be the first to admit that I was one of these people. I still do not believe that Howard is a legitimate offensive threat night in and night out. He caters to what defenses want him to do. Howard has an excellent hook if he can go over his left shoulder, but Celtics center Kendrick Perkins has defended him extremely well and all but silenced Howard through three games. His Game Four performance was impressive, and I'm looking for Orlando to ride this momentum as they return home. I believe that the Celtics will eventually represent the Eastern Conference in the NBA Finals, but look for the Magic to win Game Five at home. No NBA team has ever come back to win a series after starting down 3-0, but like Kevin Garnett once said, "Anything is possible!"
The Courtside Report Homepage
No comments:
Post a Comment